Saturday, July 21, 2007

I WISH...

I found that I've been cribbing a little too much lately (even by my normal standards :D) ... so i thought I'll put together a ‘little’ list of 'I-wish'es. So here goes!

Political wishes

- I wish our country sees able leadership come up at SOME point in my lifetime. We last saw that phenomenon in the Jurassic era.
- I wish Sonia Gandhi leaves the country. (Fat chance!)
- I wish the Congress would stop sucking up to SG so much.
- I wish Pratibha Patil does NOT become prez for the country. We've enough incompetence as it is without new contenders.
- I wish Dr. Kalaam returns.
- I wish politicians would stop patronizing minorities so much. It jars.
- I wish the majority stops squabbling amongst themselves and display a modicum of unity and strength, both of the mind and the muscle.
- I wish Kashmir’s Hindus return to the Valley in pride and in honour.
- I wish all Kashmiri militants dead.
- I wish Mohammad Afzal (the guy who planned to blow up the Indian Parliament) is finally hanged.
- I wish those who caused the Mumbai train blasts are caught and subjected to a death a little less benign that ‘to-hang-unto-death’.

Road wishes

- I wish roads wouldn’t get inundated every time there’s a shower.
- I wish people would start respecting road rules a little bit more.
- I wish people wouldn't use the road as a loo or a spittoon.
- I wish the government puts up loos and spittoons all over the place.
- I wish people USE these and not the road for god's sake!

Home wishes

- I wish I there were robotic maids in my house:-D. Here’s is my thought on it. They should be 'intelligent' contraptions. Maybe have furry blades fastened on their underside. They should move horizontal to the ground squirting water (mixed with a disinfectant:-D) and cleaning it simultaneously. Darting all over the place, they should be equipped with sensors to avoid solid objects in their way. Maybe the sensors should work like a bat's. Depending on the kind of feedback they get when they shoot whatever it is that sensors shoot, these little wonders would figure out if they're approaching wood, metal, plant, concrete or flesh (that's us. Pets would fall into that category too.) And then cleverly clean all around it too.
- I wish there was a dishwasher for Indian households. With the kind of ingredients and utensils we use, there should be special custom-made dishwashers for us.


Filmi/TV wishes

- I wish Telugu movies being screened these days wouldn't be so mind-numbingly dumb!
- I wish to see ONE decent Telugu movie!!! (Can't seem to find one :(( Bommarillu and Aite would be exceptions to this though.)
- I wish directors started dressing their leading ladies in clothes and not where-are-the-clothes. (This one’s global I guess, not just Telugu.)
- I wish Telugu songs would have sensible lyrics in them!
- I wish Telugu movie plots would go beyond the menacing-villain, beefy-hero-with-flashback, garment-shy-heroines and garmentless item-girls charade.
- I wish SMS-based voting in reality TV shows stops. It obviously doesn’t make sense if people are voting only because the person’s from his/her area and not because he/she sings better than the others. That’s sad.

Children wishes

- I wish people would send their children to school.
- I wish children wouldn’t beg on the streets.
- I wish schools weren’t this pricey. 20000 for a children’s nursery school seems rather stupid to the mind. Think about higher levels of education then.
- I wish children wouldn’t be abused.

Gen wishes

- I wish that the gen-next and gen-ex embrace the ancient wisdom that Bharat is so rooted in.
- I wish men respect the women in their lives. And vice-versa.
- I wish the old didn’t have to live in old-age homes.
- I wish everyone had a loving family. Like I do:).

Me wishes

- I wish to remain a big fan of Lord Sri Ramachandra always.
- I wish to see dawn throughout my life. Kuch samjhe? :)
- I wish to have my family with me. Always.
- I wish I continue to dance. For all eternity. With love and devotion towards the celestial art.
- I wish not to clamour for fame in dance, but joy. Ok. A little fame wouldn’t hurt I guess.
- I wish I could control my temper.
- I wish to have my own little house filled with people and things I love most in my life:), with a little garden filled with trees and flowers. Basically, lots of nature.
- I wish I had a pet cat. Love cats.
- I wish I had a dog too. Like dogs. Besides, it’ll keep my darling cat, company. :D
- I wish I wouldn’t be so scared of attachment.
- I wish I could manage my time better.
- I wish to visit Chidambaram, Tiruvarur, Tanjavur and Bhadrachalam.
- I wish I could dance in front of all the holy temples of India.
- I wish I could perform at the Khajuraho festival.
- I wish I could get my hands on the Harry Potter book 7. :D
- I wish the Tathaastu-devtas would say ‘So be it’ to my wish-list:).

Jai Ramji ki and Jai Hind!

4 comments:

sthitapragnya said...

Glad to be the first to comment on this!! only comment....
I wish all that u asked 4 comes true.....may be some suggestions & corrections....'i wish sonia gandhi dies, the bitch is practically gotten the country at her helm, from behind the curtains'...as much as i respect manmohan singh as a finance minister, i think he is a lousy leader, hell!! he's not a leader at all, 'i wish he realises that.'and may be the 'able leadership' has to come from within us, the 'gen-next'. We shud probably do away wid all the senile old farts (please excuse by language!!) at the higher rungs of the government, like Karunanidhi, Lal Krishna Advani, Narendra Modi, Ambika Soni, Arjun Singh et al......' i wish to see a younger, more vibrant India and wish it happens soon'!!! & finally......Lovely blog!!

Karthik

sthitapragnya said...

Also, I hope the Saffron brigade stops considering the majority community a personal vote vault......using them whenever they can & then pushing them bak into oblivion when they're done......

sthitapragnya said...

also, i wish the telugu film industry finds actresses & singers who actually speak or atleast understand the language, in abundance at that!! coz, the industry is starved of these people and is in a desparate need.....telugu films have become a ramp for the top models from across the country except Andhra....& the telugu music industry has butchers of the telugu language for singers.....we need a statewide talent hunt.....immediately....

Srividya said...

Hey Karthik! Thanks for letting your comments come my way! :)