Saturday, July 14, 2007

Gottit!

Oops. False alarm. Turns out my big juicy blog wasn't deleted after all. Heh heh. (Sheepish chuckle).

And the big story is ...

I went to my dance/carnatic vocal classes today with a swollen cheek ... an aftermath of parting ways with my gyaan dant. Luckily, the l'll fellow was hardly connected to the jaw-bone, with the result that if my dentist were a wizard, a mere flick of the wand could've remedied my problem.

My previous tryst with another maverick molar wasn't a walk in the park though. More like a walk in the Forbidden Forest. Ok. I confess. I love the Harry Potter books. Anywayyyyyyyyyy ... classes were nice. I learnt this 'Sabdam' (a type/class of item in Kuchipudi) called 'Prahlada Pattabhisheka Sabdam'. Was very nice. Goes to the Misra Chaapu taala (123-1234). Lovely piece. And my teacher's abhinaya (expression) is so well done, its a treat to watch her I tell you.

Dance ... sigh ... just love it. Its like family you know. All the while when I was practicing my vocals, I had my left hand on my left cheek to sort of quell the swelling and hope fervently that it was invisible. But with dance, I didn't care if I had the swelling or whether my puffy face assumes wierd expressions instead of the one I was trying to in fact, portray or if I'd got christened as 'chubbs' today evening ... all that mattered was that I was dancing. And what with the recent Tirupati trip and my being ill the whole of last week, I could hardly get around to practice. So today was nice ... like homecoming :).

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Will you look at the time! Big day tomorrow. Tataxxx.

PS : Is it me or did my crib blog turn out better than this 'lost-and-found' one? Comments?

No comments: