Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chronicles of a married couple ...

Act1. Scene 1.

Me (washing dishes). Husband (cooking).

(...in continuing conversation)
Husband : Tumhe maaloom hai, Rajasthan mein relatives ko 'sa' bolke address karte hain ... like bhaisa, bhabhisa ...?

Me : Haan ... maine sunaa hain yaar pehle ... oh maybe in that Hindi serial that comes on COLOURS channel back in India, Baal Badhu or something.

Husband : Arrey usme bhi hai na ... woh Jodhaa Akbar mein ...

Me : Oh haan ... wahi tho main soch rahi thi ... kahin aur bhi sunaa hai maine ... usme Aishwarya kitniiiiiiii pure aur beautiful lagti hai (Note : Let me reiterate that I'm no fan of her acting ... but I think she looks like a billion bloody bucks) ...

Husband : I swear ya ...

Me (looking at him warily ... ) : "I swear ya?!?!" Isn't that a girl thing to say?

Husband (leaning in) : I sweaaar yaaa .... Ai-swar-ya ... get it ? :D

Me (At this point, I am forced to hit myself with the cleaning scrub in my hand ... address him in a tone mixed with horror and pity ... pity for myself that is ..) Pleaaaaaaaaaase baaaaaaaap ... don't torture me. Doing dishes is punishment enough!!!

Husband (bursts into a song ... (he always ... always has a song for every occasion. Yes, this is what I've married into ... voluntarily. :D)) : Mera emooooootional atyaaachaaaaaar.... Tauba tera jalwa ....


Rigours of a married life eh? :D Love it though :).

6 comments:

Liberal said...

haha...not bad...paints a "cute" picture of marriage!

Srividya said...

@Liberal : You said it! :D

Srividya said...

@Liberal : You said it! :D

kusublakki said...

Hahaa..really cute!

PS: The serial is baalika vadhu :)

ravi said...

hahaha..wonderful!!!:D
kalla mundu scene mottam choopinchav Vidya!! felt like I'm with both of u..really cute!!

Srividya said...

@Ravi : Thanks! :D