Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tagged.

కార్తీక్ గాడు నన్ను tag చేసాడు. So here I am racking my head as to what my idiosyncracies could be. When I really should be sleeping. Grumble.

1. I had this quirk for a very long time ... if someone hit me on my left hand, I'd hit myself on the same spot on the other hand to balance it out. Wierd? Not half. This actually went cantering to such heights that if my foot touched someone's chappal, then I'd use the other foot and touch the second chappal and endevour to displace it by the exact same distance and angle as the first one (which anyway happened by mistake to begin with). Sigh. Poor me in those days.

2. When I see a fold on a garment ... be it a curtain or a table cloth or someone's chunni, I just HAVE to go and smoothen that crease and keep flattening it till my hands have lost a coupla inches.

3. In my world of fantasy, (which I suspect is a customized set of utterly ridiculous but extremely pleasant thoughts), I'm the world's greatest dancer. Kuchipudi is my main stream, but I'm perfectly capable of executing complex manoeuvers in any style of dance known to man. Oh wait, that doesn't include ballet though ... it only limits itself to Indian classical dance styles. And yeah, I've been bequeathed the greatest of the titles from India's Bharat Ratna to France's Legion of Honour (all before I've hit 30). Naaahiiiiice.

4. I like my పప్పు, కూర, సాంబార్, చారు, మజ్జిగ పులుసులు, పిండి మిరియం (That, in the same order is daal, curry, sambar, rasam, and I don't know whatever majjiga pulusu is called (umm ok... its a buttermilk based sambar, poured loosely (no pun intended)) and pindi miriyam( uhh... I think this one's got a lot of urad daal, lots of black pepper( hence the name 'miriyam' ... meaning pepper) , and beans... but beans can be substituted with any other gourd- veggie also I think) to be ever so slightly sweetish. I cannot bear a dish that has the essence of tamarind and the absence of jaggery. Even my pulihora must have have gud in it. I like the mix of sweet-sour in my food, and if you can't manage to bring that out, then don't invite me. So there.

5. I believe that the planets watch over us and especially bow to Hiranyagarbha - He who dispenses with lethary and who has a proclivity to dole out life-giving rays and the whole works. And all this, when I wake up at 12 in the afternoon.

6. When I see a train, I HAVE to count the number of bogies. And woe begone the person who interrupts me.

That's that. I know they're more. But I've to think 'bout them and I'm sure I've better things to do. Like look at the stars outside and think of being an astronaut.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL!! Finally, I got you to reveal your quirky self to the world!! The Quirky Vijakka! :P Oops! U didn't want me to call you that in public did u? Sorry! It just happened! :D

Anyway, get well soon. You have a wedding to attend! :D *hugs :)

Nishant Sinha said...

I have been kept in the dark. This is not the girl I was promised. :D

Srividya said...

@ sthitha : It is wothe kaku ... it is wothe. I think there are a lot more quirks ...a Whole Lot more ... only I don't really think 'bout them so much. But I'll keep you posted don't you worry :D.

And thanks for the wedding wishes kaku :) wish you could come too!!!

@ Nishant : Life mein compromise zaroori hai dude :D

Lalita said...

I never knew of all this, but something like this was pretty much expected.. All artists are weird and they should be proud of that fact!!.. I'm so proud of you that you got yourself to tell this on the World Wide Web.. nice nice.

Srividya said...

@ Lalitha: Thanks Lalli!

buddy said...

i count bogies too!!!

divs said...

hahaha...u remind me of my chilhood, i used to do that with spoons n ladles (not anymore). I thot if i used one, the other one wud feel bad, n ended up using more than one jus to cook one dish. Result-hmmm...i had to clean all of 'em later. I think that's the main reason i stopped doin that.

Srividya said...

@Divs : Whoa!