Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where there's a leak, there's water

I had my first housewife adventure today. My apartment got flooded :D. And the reason I'm gleeful 'bout this is, as my ever-helpful husband puts it ever so subtly, 'Be...cau...se you don't have to do anything but sit on the couch". Now the question is, what the hell am I doing sitting pretty on the sofa while the house fills its insides with water? Not definitely waiting for a little dinghy to wing by and rescue me.

It all starts when I wash up my dishes and come out into the hall to relax a wee bit and also help myself to a chocolate milano (aaaaaaaah ...) cookie. Unfortunately, the hall decides to wash itself and there's a film of water stretching all the way till the carpet, devouring a bit of it already. After a 45-min session with the mop and the floor, I ditch the milano and decide to go in to the kitchen to replenish my strength with a glass of milk. And what do you know. More water. And I had JUST finished a 30-minute session with the kitchen BEFORE I had that 45-min session with the hall and I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!

I decide to pop by my neighbour and ask him if he could help me a bit and hey!Its the maintenance guys in there (Empty apartment + place crawling with maintenance guys = relieved and happy me). And before you know it, our place is crawling with the maintenance dudes. By the way, ever since I've moved in here, I have been wanting to mop that hall, but owing to a variety of reasons, mainly laziness, I've been putting that off. And now, that hall's been cleaned five to six times. And I'm not the one doing it!!! :) God bless those maintenance chappies.

The work's still going on by the way, even as I type this. There's a pipe in there that's leaking and the chappies have decided to blow a hole in the wall (not ours, the empty apartment gets the brunt of it. Yet again.) to fix it. I hope it turns out all fine and more importantly, dry.

So that's that. I'll get going now. Have to visit a temple.

PS : Runaway leaks, flooded house and visiting temples. I really AM a housewife.

PPS: Love it.

7 comments:

Nishant Sinha said...

This is a comment :)

buddy said...

hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Aah!! Housewives, I tell you!! :P So, you're finally enjoying the American service industry eh?

Subhaprada said...

:)

Srividya said...

@Sthith : Maaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaa you are back I say ... how's the health? And yeah, maintenance rocks man ... especially when they go fussing all over your place with a 'ooooh that's a lotta water over there' drawl :D (over and over again:D)

@Subha : :) to you too :)

@Buddy : Thank you for the much-wanted mirth!

@Nishant : Hoho:|

Subhaprada said...

I was wondering if its you who replied to my comment 'coz I dont remember when you called me "Subha"!!!!! :-|

Anonymous said...

Funny post...i look forward to reading more of your adventures in this country!